Tesla Stock was the leading S&P500 gainer of 2020, with over 670% increase YoY. With a market cap of over $600B, the electric-car maker continued its momentum throughout most of the year. What started with a small group of Elon Musk groupies, is now the number 1 Carmaker globally by Market cap! Tesla Stock just doesn't stop, and traders and investors from all over the world are only buying more and more shares. On August 31, 2020, Tesla (TSLA) did a 5-for-1 stock split. All historical charts and prices are affected since that date, based on the new split.
- Tesla ironically faces pushback at Giga Berlin from environmental groups 2021/06/12 Teslarati
- Tesla fan Jay Leno takes the Model S Plaid for a record-breaking spin 2021/06/12 Teslarati
- Tesla is using a new 12V Lithium-ion battery in the Model S Plaid 2021/06/11 Teslarati
- Tesla’s Plaid Event highlights a new era of self-driving vehicles: Oppenheimer 2021/06/11 Teslarati
- Tesla flexes its overkill infotainment system by running “Cyberpunk 2077” at 60 fps 2021/06/11 Teslarati
- Tesla Model S Plaid Owner’s Manual reveals how “Auto Shift” works 2021/06/11 Teslarati
Tesla, Inc is a US company founded by Elon Musk. Based in Palo Alto, California, Tesla is a technology company, manufacturing electric vehicle and clear energy products. Its flagship car, Tesla Model S, was introduced in 2012. Today, its range is over 400 miles, higher than any other battery powered car, and its top model accelerates 0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds. What makes Tesla so special is Elon Musk's visionary, who led Tesla into building one of the most fascinating cars today. Among the things Tesla has announced that they're planning for the future, a fully self-driving car in every Tesla, a network Of underground roads to avoid traffic, a Car-sharing fleet, zero-emissions solar roofs and many more. Tesla's marketcap has increased by more than $500B during 2020, to $612B.
Tesla Stock in 2021
2020 was a great year for Tesla. It was the best performing S&P 500 stock of the year, with a total gain of 691%. For comparison, the next best performing stock was NVIDIA with 120%. That’s just insane! Tesla’s additional milestones in 2020 include being accepted into the S&P 500 Index in December, and undergoing a stock split of 5-to-1 in August. Analysts’ predictions for 2021 vary from those who give TSLA a price target of $80, to a one predicting no less than $960 (Pierre Ferragu). While no analyst thinks TSLA will double itself multiple times, nobody thought so for 2020 either. Analysts’ eyes will soon be on the earnings of Q4, which will help predict 2021’s Tesla Stock price much better.